Our program is designed to foster creativity and independence, while promoting academic enrichment through a specifically designed, curriculum utilizing challenging and stimulating materials and teaching methods.
The program cares for the child as a whole so that there is also emphasis placed on nurturing emotional growth, while sparking excitement and enthusiasm in learning endeavors.
Children work in small groups based upon their abilities rather than arbitrary chronological grouping rules. This ensures each child being able to work at his own pace and reach his own potential through opportunities for critical thinking and problem solving. Small grouping by ability allows us to respond to individual needs.
At Oakdale Academy we believe that each child is entitled to reach his or her full potential both as an academic learner as well as a well-rounded individual. We carefully attend to the academic development while nurturing the emotional growth and self-esteem of the child. Our goals include:
- Successful transition from home to school
- Development of self-esteem
- Development of respect for others and the environment
- Development of self-confidence
- Appreciation and love of learning
- Positive feelings towards school
- Critical thinking skills
- Critical evaluation
- Critical observation
- Logical problem
- Analysis and synthesis
- Ability to work within a group and independently
- Ability to make choices, inquiries and observations
- Ability to process information and a variety of modalities
- Ability to recall, retain and utilize information